Green Lipped Mussel Oil™
Greenshell™ Mussel Oil (Perna Canaliculus) / Green Lipped Mussel Oil
Green Lipped Mussel Oil contains a unique group of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) which work together to improve:
- Circulation and oxygen intake.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, reduce inflammation.
- Skin disorders.
Green Lipped Mussel Oil is a premium grade Greenshell/ Green Lipped Mussel Oil derived from 100% pure live Greenshell™ (Green Lipped) Mussels.
Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA’s Overview)
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) are part of the family of dietary lipids. Like all fats, they provide energy for the body, are components in cell membranes, and provide a medium for transport of fat-soluble vitamins to their destination. PUFAs differ from other types of fatty acids, in that they contain more than one double bond. There are two types of PUFA: omega-3 and omega-6.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential fatty acids, which means that they are essential to human health but cannot be manufactured by the body. For this reason Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish and certain plant oils.
- Green Lipped Mussel Oil is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- It is important to maintain an appropriate balance of Omega-3 and Omega-6 (another essential fatty acid) in the diet as these two substances work together to promote health. Also known as polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids play a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development. There are three major types of Omega-3 fatty acids that are ingested in food and used by the body: alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docoshexaenoic acid(DHA). Once eaten, the body converts ALA and EPA and DHA, the two types of Omega-3 fatty acids more readily used by the body. Extensive research indicates that Omega-3 fatty acids reduces inflammation and help prevent certain chronic diseases such as heart disease and arthritis. These essential fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and appear to be particularly important for cognitive and behavioural function. In fact, infants who do not get enough Omega-3 fatty acids from their mothers during pregnancy are at risk for developing vision and nerve problems. As mentioned previously, it is very important to maintain a balance between Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids in the diet.
Benefits of Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussel Oil
- Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussel Oil is rich in EPA/DHA. Oil may help reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussel Oil may reduce high blood pressure with hypertension.
- Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussel Oil may help reduce risk factors of heart disease.
- Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussel Oil may hep reduce arthritis pain, reduce tenderness in joints, decreasing morning stiffness and pain, increase grip strength and enhance walking pace.
|Crude Green Shell Mussel Oil||Download|