Freeze Dried (stabilized) Greenshell™ Powder / Green Lipped Mussel Powder
- Supports connective tissue and joint functions
- Rebuilds synovial fluid in joints, ligaments and tendons
- Rich in Glycosaminoglycans (GAG’s) essential fatty acids
- Anti-inflammatory activity tested/verified by the Bioactivity Investigation Group, University of Otago
GlycOmega™ is a Freeze Dried (Stabilized) Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussel Powder produced by Aroma New Zealand Ltd. Aroma (NZ) Ltd in conjunction with the Bioactivity Investigation Group, University of Otago. GlycOmega™ contains high anti-inflammatory activity.
GlycOmega™ provides a rich source of all major classes of Glycosaminoglycans GAGS which are principle components of cartilage and the synovial fluid found in the joint. These GAGS provide flexibility, elasticity and tensile strength to the articular cartilage. The severity of arthritis is directly related to the loss of GAGS content with the joint and surrounding cartilage.
As a source of GAGS GlycOmega™ can provide chondrocytes with Chondroitin Sulphate and essential fatty acids which are critical for reversing the arthritic process. GAGS can also exert a strong anti-flammatory action on the connective tissue.
GlycOmega™ is the complete joint-care product as it is well balanced with Chondroitin Sulphates 4 and 6, chelated minerals, Glycosaminoglycan GAGS, amino acids and essential fatty acids which together give a synergistic effect that promotes healthy cartilage and provides shock absorbing properties to the joint.
Every production batch of GlycOmega™ is tested/verified for anti-inflammatory activity by the Bioactivity Investigation Group, University of Otago
Dr Paul Davis Senior, Researcher from the Bioactivity Investigation Group, University of Otago tests every production batch of GlycOmega™ for anti-inflammatory activity using aspirin as a positive control. The table clearly demonstrates that GlycOmega™ has equal or greater anti-inflammatory activity as compared to aspirin at all 3 levels tested.
"Only the Highest quality Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussels are selected for GlycOmega™ Production"
GlycOmega™ is derived from the New Zealand native shellfish species Perna canaliculus. This unique species ensures GlycOmega™ contains the highest natural levels of Glycosaminoglycans and Omega-3-fatty acids which promote anti-inflammatory activity.
GlycOmega™ Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussels are only sourced from EU/USFDA approved growing areas located in the Marlborough Sounds, (Top of the South Island of New Zealand). Prior to harvesting our approved suppliers fully inspect the Greenshell™ (Green Lipped) Mussel quality ensuring that only the highest quality Greenshell™ (Green Lipped) Mussels are selected and harvested. These strict control measures guarantee that our live mussels contain the highest levels of Glycosaminoglycans GAG and Omega-3-fatty acid contents.
Freeze Drying GlycOmega™
"GlycOmega™ Greenshell™ Green Lipped Mussels are freeze dried at controlled Low temperatures resulting in high anti-inflammatory activity"
Aroma (NZ) Ltd presently has eight fully automated Freeze Drying units. Low temperature controls are achieved throughout the entire freeze drying process ensuring the GlycOmega™ components are kept at premium high levels.
Aroma New Zealand's eight Freeze Dryers are proudly manufactured by Cuddon Freeze Drying Technology a New Zealand Family owned business. GlycOmega™ is stabilized with a unique anti-oxidant ensuring maximum anti-infl ammatory activity for long periods.
"Other mussel powders (eg,defatted, delipitated mussel powder) can oxidize resulting in low anti-inflammatory activity, other mussel powders are sold without any scientific backing. This is why GlycOmega™ (stabilized) Greenshell™ Mussel Powder is a reputable brand"
Advantages of using GlycOmega™
- Contains high natural anti-inflammatory activity.
- Every production batch is tested/verified by the Bioactivity Investigation Group, University of Otago. (Each individual report is provided to our customer)
- Contains rich source of amino acids, protein minerals and all major classes of Glycosaminoglycans (GAG’s) including chondroitin 4 and 6 sulphates. GAG’s make up the core of connective tissue.
- Rich in omega-3-fatty acids and Bio-Active proteins which help support bone and joint structures.
- Promotes the regeneration and healing of arthritic and injured joints in both animals and humans.
- Contains essential building blocks needed to rebuild synovial fluid in joints, ligaments and tendons.